Parent Leadership Council
The Parent Leadership Council (PLC) is a leadership level volunteer committee of parents of both current students and alumni who work closely with Parent Programs and the Alumni Relations and Annual Giving teams. Members are strategic partners with the College in outreach, engagement, solicitation and stewardship efforts to the parent community and act as a liaison between the two. Membership is by invitation, and members are encouraged to serve a term of at least two years. Upon their student's graduation from the College, members may be invited to remain on the Committee or choose to retire from their duties. Parent Leadership Council members are engaged participants in the parent community, attend two meetings per year, volunteer in parent outreach activities, and make a leadership gift to the Parent Fund each year.
- The Admission committee reaches out to families of admitted students to welcome them to the Haverford community and answer any questions the families may have about the College.
- The Communication Committee works with Parent Programs to continually address the communication needs of the parent community. Committee recommendations have resulted in the creation of Transitions, a series of articles focusing on the issues surrounding the transition to college by Haverford students and their families.
- The Center for Career and Professional Advising (CCPA) committee partners with CCPA to explore ways in which parents can support and expand opportunities for students.
- The Legacy Parents Committee addresses the unique needs and desires of alumni whose children are also Haverford students or alumni.
- The Parent Appeals Committee advises the College on how to engage and educate the parent community on the vital role of parent support.
- The Parent Fund Committee plays a vital role at the College by reaching out to the parent community to strengthen the connections between Haverford and the parent community and inviting them to support the College. It's a wonderful way for volunteers to share their commitment and enthusiasm for the College while getting to know other Haverford families.