Young Alumni Advisory Group (YAAG)
YAAG supports the Alumni and Parent Relations team and the Chair of the Advisory Group in their efforts to create and sustain meaningful relationships with Haverford’s young alumni, defined as graduates of the last decade.
The purpose of YAAG is to advocate for the needs of Haverford's young alumni and advise young alumni programming. The Advisory Group seeks to support recent graduates with programs, communications and opportunities that are uniquely tailored to strengthen the active involvement of young alumni in support of Haverford College and the Alumni Association. The Advisory Group will also support the efforts of building philanthropic relationships between young alumni and the College-specifically through the Annual Fund.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gracie Mangigian ’16
Adam Care ’09
Paul Minnice ’09
Jersey City, NJ
Misha Baker ’10
Monica Rao ’10
Robert Breckinridge ’11
Cristina Morais ’11
New York, NY
Katie Monroe ’12
Karan Shah ’12
Gabi Winick ’13
Benjamin Wohl ’14
New York, NY
Arman Terzian ’14
Bret Marlowe ’14
Peter Boal ’13
Stephanie Wolfson ’15
Blue Bell, PA
Brie Groh ’15
Brian Guggenheimer ’16
Isabel Agnew ’17
Emily Chazen ’18
Michael Schwarze ’18
St. Louis, MO
Nick Barile ’18
- Evaluate programming to strengthen the ties between Haverford College and its young alumni.
- Advise the chair of the Advisory Group and the associate director of annual giving, young alumni liaison on issues of concern to young alumni.
- Partner with staff to recruit young alumni volunteers as needed.
- Attend reunions, alumni events, and networking receptions both on and off campus and actively encourage attendance by other young alumni.
- Serve as supportive ambassadors to the Haverford College Annual Fund.
The Young Alumni Advisory Group consists of the chair to the Advisory Group and 15–20 representatives of the graduating classes of the last decade. Preferably, there will be at least one representative from each of the graduating classes of the last decade serving on the YAAG at all times. Additionally, the Advisory Group will seek diversity and parity in composition with respect to gender, ethnicity, career field, and geography. The chair of the Advisory Group will serve as the young alumni liaison to the Alumni Association Executive Committee (AAEC). The immediate past chair of the Advisory Group will also serve as an ex-officio member.
Qualifications for Membership
- Are graduates of the last decade.
- Have a desire to be closely involved with the College and a willingness to encourage others to become more involved.
- Demonstrate leadership and enthusiasm.
- Available to carry out their commitments in a timely manner.
- Make a yearly gift to the Annual Fund to demonstrate their support for the College.
- Attend the Group’s annual meeting on campus (one weekend per year).
- Participate in periodic conference calls with the chair of the Advisory Group and the associate director of annual giving, young alumni liaison.
Terms of Service
Group members will serve a term of two years with the option to serve an additional two-year term. At the completion of the first two years, group members will discuss the optional second term or additional volunteer opportunities with the associate director of annual giving, young alumni liaison. Regardless of term start date, terms will end for those individuals who pass beyond their tenth year reunion and are no longer considered young alumni.
Since nominations are considered on a rolling basis, individuals brought into the Group between January 1 and June 30 will have an official term start date of January 1. Individuals brought into the Group between July 1 and December 31 will have an official term start date of July 1.
Young alumni interested in serving on the Young Alumni Advisory Group may express their interest verbally or in writing at any time by emailing email@example.com.
Interested young alumni will be asked to complete a short self-nomination form.
Nominations will be reviewed on an ongoing basis by the existing members of the Advisory Group and the associate director of annual giving. Decisions will be made by consensus and invitations extended.
Annually, in the month of August, the Advisory Group, with the help of the associate director of annual giving, Young Alumni Liasion will issue a call for nominations via email to ensure open positions are advertised. Other options for advertising the opportunity include: an ad in the Haverford magazine, a request for nominees sent to the Alumni Association Executive Committee (AAEC), young alumni Annual Fund volunteers, and reunion volunteers.